Intro TO PROCEDURE
- Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- General anesthesia or Local Anesthesia
- Ambulate the night of surgery
- Shower 2 days after surgery
- May return to work after 2 days
- No swimming for 2 weeks
WHY INVERTED NIPPLE CORRECTION?
Often the cause of inverted nipple is unknown; it is mostly congenital. People who have this problem are often born with it. A minority of people who have inverted nipples are secondary to surgical or traumatic injury to the breast and caused tethering of nipple downward by scar tissue. Most patients who came to me with this problem state they often become self conscious and embarrassed in intimate situations.
HOW IS IT DONE?