Intro TO PROCEDURE
QUESTIONS? We understand the value of face to face conversations. Please contact us and we’re happy to walk you through the procedure in person. Make an appointment
- Time: 1-2 hours
- General Anesthesia or Local Anesthesia
- Ambulate the night of surgery
- Shower 2 days after surgery
- 3 to 5 days off work
- 6 weeks from heavy lifting and swimming
BEFORE & AFTERS
- F, 61, Asian F was introduced to my clinic by his wife for evaluation of eyelid and brow rejuvenation. He was constantly bothered by the angry and aged appearance of his eyes. He constantly felt he had to forcefully use his forehead to elevate his brow and he had problems seeing the upper half of his visual field. Notice the difference between his brow and eyelid position before and after surgery. He not only can see better but also looks happier. VIEW STORY *Individual results may vary.
- J, 67, Caucasian J came in with a chief complaint of droopy brow and wrinkled forehead. She would like to get rid of the heavy brow appearance with minimal scar. Endoscopic forehead lift was done to lift her brow and also rid of the glabella wrinkles. VIEW STORY *Individual results may vary.
- B, 61, Caucasian B came in with a chief complain of asymmetrical brow. She had suffered injury to the left brow many years ago and it always stayed low in position compared to the right. Surgery was done endoscopically to lift her left eyebrow and fat grafting was done to improve the sunken appearance of her eyes. Notice the improvement in brow asymmetry when she raises her eyebrow and the fuller appearance especially in the right eye socket. VIEW STORY *Individual results may vary.
- W, 62, Asian W came in with concerns for her forehead and glabella wrinkles and the heavy appearance of her brow. After consultation, browlift with forehead lift were done to decrease the wrinkles. Lower blepharoplasty was also done at the same time to improve her eyebag appearance and remove the excess skin. VIEW STORY *Individual results may vary.
WHY BROW LIFT?Brow ptosis or droopy brow starts at an early age. If you pay attention and follow the aging pattern of a person, you can often notice his/her brow descend over time relative to the underlying bone. The effect of that results in a “heavy” upper eyelid. In severe cases, droopy brow not only causes cosmetic concerns, it can also partially block your vision, especially in the upper visual field. Since eyes are in the center of the face, droopy eyebrow affects all nearby structures and causes an overall aged look. The descend of brow makes the upper lid looks heavy and gives a sleepy appearance; and because of the heaviness felt in the upper lid, droopy eyebrow individuals often have to forcefully elevate the brow using their forehead muscle, which further deepens wrinkles on the forehead. As you can see in case examples, elevating the eyebrow position along with an upper lid procedure can easily make someone look 20 years younger!
HOW IS IT DONE?Just as in upper eyelid procedures, there are many ways of doing a brow lift. All techniques achieve the common goal of lifting the brow but there are variations in terms of the location of the incision, the relative elevation of the lateral brow vs. the medial brow and whether combination procedure with the upper eyelid should be performed to enhance the overall look. Each brow procedure has its pros and cons. The direct incision method is one of the most powerful lifting procedures but it comes with a visible scar on top of the eyebrow. The traditional coronal browlift procedure is the gold standard procedure but it also carries with it the risk of incision line hair loss and loss of scalp sensation. Endoscopic browlift procedure uses minimal incisions and can provide adequate lifting of the brow but is considered not as powerful as the direct and coronal brow lifts. The list of procedures goes on and on… The best brow lift technique is one that is customized for you based on your forehead height, brow position, and tendency of scarring after a thorough discussion with a plastic surgeon.